Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles vs The Beach Boys
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #484 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Every member of the Beatles released music in the 70s. And none of it was music that had adapted well to the new era.

Once again, the game was different in the 50s. Artists and labels didn't think in terms of LPs so that comparison makes no sense.

I don't personally consider a sequence consisting of one weak album, two good albums, one weak album and one good album "a long string of great albums". But, hey, that's just me.
Instead of yawning again, I've actually skimmed through and there is some good stuff being written here.

@Janszoon- I agree totally with the first two points above. The Beatles were a 1960s phenomenom and basically as individuial artists they didn't quite click in the 1970s. As individual artists they released some acclaimed stuff, but I always found it a trial to enjoy at times and never really a pleasure to listen to.

Most people when they talk about bands and time periods, fail to grasp the concept of taking a band or artist in the conext of their time.

@NYSports Fan- Its good to see somebody new on here with a real history of rock music, but its no good comparing the feats of the Beatles to those artists in the 1950s, when the music industry was so different then. Also as Neopolitan said, the Beatles achieved so much due to the production techniques that they had available to them.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote