Music Banter - View Single Post - Human Trafficking
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Default Human Trafficking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
It's pretty much one of the biggest problems in our world today, and most people don't even realize it's going on (or they think "prostitutes all want to be in their line of work" because apparently no-one could ever be coerced or forced into it). I think I've spoken or written on it in every single one of my classes I've had so far in college... and talked about it to anyone who would listen. At the moment my main goal concerning trafficking is giving to organizations that help free/rehabilitate people, and tell as many as possible that it exists.

But yeah, I'm really glad you care. It makes me so, so pissed off that it is even an issue that needs to be dealt with, but all we can do is our best and hope that it will turn out alright in the end.
Have you seen this movie and documentary? It's absolutely disgusting that a woman would do this to young ladies! A man I'd understand, we live in a world where women are largely disrespected by men, particularly in developing nations but not limited to our own. I have been following the American elections and not to single out republicans again but they are a great example of how women have a long way to go to be accepted by men.

The saddest part of trafficking to me is even if the women escape the pimps they are scarred for life.

What are MB's thoughts?