Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst Late 70's Band
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
This is my take also. I think Journey writes some great music and Steve Perry had that range that was untouchable vocally. Schon is a very underrated guitarist also, he doesn't wank off much but he has great tone and his leads while simple are always tasteful for the song.

I had the Foreigner argument the other day and I started naming off songs and people were amazed how huge their discography was and how many great songs were written by Foreigner.

Boston really only touched me with a few songs but More then a feeling and Peace of Mind are epic 70's stadium rock.

With regards to Kansas I think I agree with Howard Wayward son and Dust are about it for what I can listen to and only after a few beers at a bbq or party.

Styx was never my thing. They certainly had talent but it isn;t my kind of talent I prefer to listen to. Mr Roboto? ****ing horrible. I think I like Best of Times and a few off that album, but I could never get past their over use of dynamics. So yeah Styx is definitely worst on this list by a longshot.
Neil Schon is normally in most greatest guitarists ever lists.

Mr.Roboto was the song that got me mad on Styx in the first place.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote