Music Banter - View Single Post - Tony Iommi named Gibsons best metal guitarist ever
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Default Tony Iommi named Gibsons best metal guitarist ever

Here's the list:

Top 10 Metal Guitarists of All Time

A lot of people will say that he wasn't even metal, a lot of people will say that he sucked. I, however, am fine with him being number one. He may not be the most technical, but the list isn't "most technical" heavy metal guitarist, it is the "greatest". And greatest to me is a combination of technical ability, creativity, innovativeness and influence. He was the pioneer of heavy metal guitar, coming up with some of the nastiest and greatest riffs and was one of a kind for his time. He was no slouch when it came to technical ability, either. You have to remember that he comes from a time when there were no Eddie Van Halens or Randy Rhoads or people of that technical ability in rock music. He was very versatile as well, that can be heard in songs like "planet caravan" and "solitude" (not to mention he played the flute on that track as well). Sure, they weren't really metal songs, but why limit yourself to one style?

I cant think of anyone who fits the criteria any better than Tony.

Last edited by blastingas10; 09-27-2012 at 06:44 AM.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote