Music Banter - View Single Post - Works that got you into classical?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #37 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N' Roll Clown View Post
No words can describe the greatness of this masterpiece. It was one of my first favorite classical works, and up to this day I still think that this is the best piece of music that was ever written.

Your post reminds me that Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" was one of the first pieces that drew my attention to classical music in a positive way.

I remember hearing my dad playing this piece on the piano when I was a child. I didn't like the sound of much of the classical music he listened to or played (so listening to classical music as a child doesn't automatically mean one will like it), but the somber emotion of the first movement of "Moonlight Sonata" appealed to me. Its mood was very different than the popular and folk songs I heard as a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 5th Horseman View Post
Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu, Beethoven's Fur Elise and Moonlight Sonata, definitely Niccolo Paganini's caprices and violin concerto's, Mozart's Requiem, and various works of Brahms...I like a lot of the romantics. Anyways, this is coincidentally my first post on this site...sooo....Hi everyone =)
"Moonlight Sonata" seems to be a popular intro to classical piece! Hi and welcome.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote