Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #18218 (permalink)
Zer0

Tame Impala - Lonerism (2012)
This could very well be one of my albums of the year. The only thing is this should have been released at the start of the summer instead of autumn, this album would have been the perfect summer soundtrack (not that we get much of a summer here). Great stuff.

Portico Quartet - Portico Quartet (2012)
A group I'd been meaning to check out. This album is a very interesting blend of laid-back electronica, jazz and ambient and keeps your attention right until the end. It's mostly instrumental but there are guest vocals on one track.

Ringo Deathstarr - Mauve (2012)
Okay, these guys are now two full-length albums into their career and they really need to start finding an identity of their own, instead of recycling the leftovers from My Bloody Valentine and The Jesus and Mary Chain. Their debut album Colour Trip and the Sparkler compilation had a sense of energy and carefree fun that made up for their lack of originality, but here that energy is gone and we are left with a plodding and boring album. There are some interesting moments such as 'Brightest Star' and 'Nap Time' but it's not really enough.