Music Banter - View Single Post - Stone Roses - S/T vs. Pixies - Dootlittle
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #31 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingpig437 View Post
Both of classics.
Those gorgeous opening chords of BBM and the way it effortlessly picks up a faster beat and the outro guitar lines are rarely finely wrought. The lyrics are smart too and about a cool subject that they nail.
SFMSSS has got a beautifully executed languid quality to the verses and an impassioned soaring chorus.
In composition and execution both songs are totally top class.
I like the chorus in (Song For My) Sugar Spun Sister but that's it really, but I do think it's a better song than Bye Bye Badman. Not to say Doolittle is without it's weaker moments, despite being a stronger album in my view. Silver is certainly far from being one of my favourite Pixies songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingpig437 View Post
I just find it surprising anyone not ill-desposed to Ian Brown 'cause he's screwed your g/f would think anything like that. That's kinda why I'm replying. It's just surprising!
I have no idea what you're on about now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
And yet Oasis still made a better album with Definitely Maybe (and arguably Morning Glory) than any other Britpop band could hope to achieve.
Suede - self-titled, Pulp - Different Class, The Auteurs - New Wave. Jus' sayin'.