Music Banter - View Single Post - mental health thread
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #27 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
is that really necessary?

besides the fact that i know what to take for what

my psychiatrist never discusses the meds with me

my GP does, but he's gone bust and knows **** all about psyche
Of course its not necessary but I would never take anything that I didn't understand any better than "my doctor told me to take it"
I like to know what I'm putting in my body, not just why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinnx View Post
This has nothing to do personally. But you do know delusions, troubles discerning the truth, deceptions and lying are part of the symptoms of schizophrenia?
Yes, but I still like pointing out when crazy people are being crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AP Sparky View Post
See, there isn't incontrovertible evidence that what im believing is false though family has told me they think i have it.

Have any of you successfully diagnosed yourself?
Don't listen to your family. They may not be wrong but there's a huge likelihood that they are. Same goes for self diagnosis. You can do it and you may be right but at least go to a doctor for a "second opinion" - anyway, even if people can self-diagnose successfully, what then? Do you go to a doctor and say "I need some schizo meds because I've determined that I am paranoid schizophrenic"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinnx View Post
Does anyone have any pointers to shake off anxiety? I can't seem to get passed mine.
Benzodiazepines work. Of course, talk to a doctor before you go to the black market.
If you can't or won't do that then exercise vigorously and meditate and eat healthy foods and such.