Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #18230 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Somehow, this album always manages to find its way out of my possession, but the amount of people I've managed to turn on to jazz by giving them a taste of Miles 'running the voodoo down' completely makes up for it (the truth is-- at least in this particular case-- I sometimes like to dump my hard drive completely of all music and start over from scratch). What else can be said other than it's the quintessential jazz fusion album, if not, in my cynical opinion, one of the very few worth listening to. It's also one of my favorite headphones albums. There's a lot going on throughout the entire double disc composition and I'm still discovering with each listen things I've never noticed before.

Valgeir SigurĂ°sson - Architecture of Loss
Contemprary small-group compositions (Piano, strings, and various odd instruments/effects) meet ambient electronica-- and mixed quite tastefully-- by Icelandic composer SigurĂ°sson. I've only gotten to the first two tracks, but the mood is pretty dark, which is how I like both classical and, to a certain degree, ambient music

Evgeny Kissin - Chopin: 24 Preludes...
I've been a pretty big fan of Chopin's Nocturnes for quite a while now and decided I would venture into a little bit deeper into the territory of his piano compositions. This particular recording was is from 1999 and performed by Russian pianist Evgeny Kissin who, as I remember was pretty big **** as far as piano prodigies are concerned. For all I know he could be exchanging sexual favors for crack cocaine these days, but I somehow doubt it.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote