Music Banter - View Single Post - The Photography Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:05 AM   #1105 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I like how you combine your artistic eye and artistic hand(s) to photograph them, Zaqarbal.

I especially like your use of the in-focus/out-of-focus metal fence as the backdrop for magpie #1, because both the fence and bird have contrasting black and white. I notice, too, that the smudges of blue in the gray road pick up the shimmery blue of some of the bird's darker feathers.
Thank you. Once again, one of your detailed photographic analysis.

Quote:
I also like the moment you captured, because you can really see from the photo that this particular bird is looking somewhere and paying careful attention to something that interests her or him, just like you were paying attention to the bird.
One day, I noticed that every time I took a photo, magpies moved their heads and looked at the camera, as if they were curious about the shutter's noise. Next day I went to the same park. When I was sitting on a bench, getting the camera ready, I saw how, for some seconds, a magpie stood still and looked at me. Perhaps he/she remembered the camera. Or maybe "that human with that black thing in his hands making that strange noise".

Quote:
Neat birds.
Yep. In fact, two months ago I took the following picture, where we can see their aristocratic bearing:

<---->

------------------------------------

Apart from that, yesterday I photographed a (male) blackbird:

There are several blackbirds where I live, and sometimes I hear them singing (like this) early in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
iPhone pics:

(Ode to Hiroshi Sugimoto)

(...)
Excellent! I think Sugimoto would like them.

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 10-03-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote