Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #12334 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
That is a great scene. So fucking rough. Looking at the movie synopses on Wikipedia it look like the movie we're talking about is Election. But Triad Election is amazing as well.
Yeah, I just realized Triad Election is a completely different movie.

Anyway it's October, which means that I'm going to be watching a lot of horror films. Some will be ****, some will be good, and some will be horror movies that I haven't got around to watching yet (Rosemary's Baby and the original Ring and Grudge movies). I love October...

The first time I watched this I was at work and didn't pay much attention but liked what I saw. I saw it was on Netflix streaming so I gave it another go. I enjoyed the **** out of it. Yes it was slow but for the low budget it was pretty impressive. I thought the characters were very believable, none of that super model scream your head off plastic characters that plaster horror films now. The atmosphere was fantastic and I felt the story was solid. Ti West peaked my interest with House of the Devil and this just made me want to see him explore something with a larger budget. Great little indie horror movie.

8/10

The trailer was vastly superior and more frightening than the finished product. I guess I could give them points for being creative but it was just laughable. Right off from the beginning I wanted the all dead. The person with the camera zoomed in and out like they were testing the zoom, then somebody cleaned the lens with what looked like a Burger King wrapper and I just wanted them dead. It also seemed like the writers read House of Leaves while writing this because it had some of the elements of the changing house to it. The effects were bad, very bad, and the scares just weren't felt due to my hatred of the characters. I didn't expect much but it was just bad.

2/10

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote