Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 AM   #1531 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Guess what Mr.Burns, now that I'm really digging this journal thingy and becoming really obsessed with it, it's now starting to reveal a creative side to me and I'm finding each entry of my own journal even easier and quicker to write. I've now decided to jump back into yours and pass comments like before. So I'm kicking off on page 81 as I'd got upto page 80 before and guess what! You didn't reply to my last post on the journal which was no.1270.

Anyway from page 81 to 81:

Asia- We've actually talked a lot about this band and I still think that their debut is one of the best AOR albums of its time. Sure the songs are epic highly spruced up with a commercial sheen to sell by the million and to be played in large arenas, their next two when they were still massive, I think were inferior copies of the debut. Recently, I've really started to get into the John Payne albums and despite being far less known, he took them into a more intersting phase that was far less one-dimensional than the John Wetton albums. I think Aria, Aura and Silent Nation to be good albums but its Arena that is the standout album and a real gem.

Dream Theater- I would've thought that DT would be right up your street, I'm a big fan of the band despite the fact that they are one of the most hated bands on the forum. I really like them, probably because I'm a big fan of their influences bands like Toto, Journey, Styx, Iron Maiden and Rush. They also have a Pink Floyd influence but the biggest influence that I find which often goes unnoticed is that of Kansas. Therefore, if you take Pink Floyd, Rush and Iron Maiden out of the equation you are left with some of the most hated bands around, who are four of my favourites The review you did was of a recent album, have you heard their older stuff yet?
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote