Music Banter - View Single Post - Moderators who can't recognize spam
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #25 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Well he can fuck off. *drunk*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I'm sorry but tl;dr.
Here you go, I shortened the post for you:

Moderators, this thread and Vanilla's post remind me that I want to raise a concern with all of you, which is that some of the rules are not enforced consistently or even followed consistently by moderators themselves, such as our site's first rule:

While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts.

It often seems to me that the main job of moderators here is to delete posts that contain advertisements, and I can imagine that is a big job. I see the clean-up in action and do appreciate it. Using MusicBanter to banter about music in a substantive way would be much harder if the posts of people who join only to advertise or promote weren't cleaned up. So, thank you, Mods, for that.

Yet I feel the occasional nasty comments by moderators and some members are much more harmful to the community than "spam" is. When I see moderators are breaking one rule while telling people to follow another, I no longer trust any of the moderators because I don't trust them to police each other or themselves.

For example, Vanilla, I wish you wouldn't tell midnight-spree that he can **** off. If you really *are* drunk when you are posting, then I think it would be better if you wait until you aren't, because I feel you are violating the first rule of MusicBanter by being intentionally rude and hurtful: "We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts."

Midnight_spree's feedback is actually a good thing because it shows she or he has hope that the concern will be listened to and that the moderators will be fair and decent.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"