Music Banter - View Single Post - Can't we all freely listen to what we want to?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:52 AM   #147 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfanatic View Post
Don't like the Marx Brothers? For shame! I like Harpo Marx myself. If you did like the Marx Brothers, which Marx Brother do you think you'd like, Trollheart? Chico, or maybe Groucho?
That's a pointless question. You might as well ask me what rap artist I'd like when I don't like any of them, or what my favourite cricket team would be, when I have no interest in cricket. I've never found the MB even remotely funny, in fact that era of humour really does nothing for me. I'll occasionally laugh at L&H, maybe, and Bilko was always good, but generally, not a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
What kind of comedian do you like someone like Dave Allen or Steve Coogan?
I do love Coogan, and also Dave Allen. Also the likes of Monty Python and Cleese is of course just funny full stop. I like quirky humour but generally not vulgar comedy or routines that rely pretty much solely on expletives and rude references. I find it hard to like any female comedian, though maybe I just haven't seen the right one yet.

I prefer the likes of Rik Mayall, Alexei Sayle, Bill Bailey (the KING!), Dylan Moran, also Dimitri can't remember his surname but it's hard to spell; caught one of his shows and loved it. Also Rowan Atkinson, Chris Barrie and people like that.

Quote:
I'm guessing he would pick the least bit funny one, Zeppo
No I wouldn't: I really hate him. What's so funny about not being able (apparently) to talk???