Music Banter - View Single Post - Moderators who can't recognize spam
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #37 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I too feel that it's a moderators job to abide by the rules he or she enforces and to keep an eye on other moderators that they do the same. To me it's obvious that the more you break the rules, the less fit you are to moderate.

So it goes without saying that I think moderators should be more careful than the rest of us when it comes to dishing out insults. When I first read this thread, I have to say I thought Janszoon did a fantastic job as a moderator, being diplomatic and approachable, treating the concern seriously, taking time to write proper replies etc. I and others notice this and it reflects positively on the whole mod team. Vanilla's contribution to the thread, however, is little else than making the mods seem a little worse (opposite of Jans' approach, being dismissive, undiplomatic, offensive).

I really like you Vanilla and I'm sorry to offend you, but it's how I feel. I'm not saying you shouldn't be a moderator, only that you should not forget to also moderate yourself.

edit :

I'm not just thinking of the "he can **** off" comment in this thread. Erica addressed a concern which you initially responded to like this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I'm sorry but tl;dr.
Which is dismissive, unapproachable and very disrespectful when someone turns to you with what they think is a legitimate concern.

Last edited by Guybrush; 10-05-2012 at 05:27 AM.