Music Banter - View Single Post - Geekoid's World of Music
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #57 (permalink)
Geekoid
Music Addict

Hey, Blarobbarg.
Haven't been here in a while, (obviously). Darned video driver stuff. Glad to be back to reply to that post!

I came across Gungor a few years back when iTunes recommended them. I liked their music- excellent lyrics! I also tend to like a lot of folky-sounding CCM, because it's so down-to-earth. I never got completely into them, because they didn't evoke a strong response from me musically at the time. Sometimes when that happens, I don't take the time to stop for a while and really listen to the music. I had some time today to take a listen to your suggestions, and I was really taken by some of the tracks. "Let There Be" is gorgeous.

Actually, this couldn't be a better time to listen to these kinds of tracks because I've been getting into to a lot of bluegrass and more "downcast" folk lately. I don't remember ever hearing John Mark McMillan, but he's certainly compatible with my taste. Again, very passionate. What I appreciate about these guys is that their lyrics are honest- sometimes painfully so. Really make you examine where your heart's at.

I think you actually just inspired my next journal post. Hopefully I get around to posting something new soon. I definitely wasn't intending to be on hiatus for this long...
Geekoid is offline   Reply With Quote