Music Banter - View Single Post - Geekoid's World of Music
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #62 (permalink)
Geekoid
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
She did not write the song, in fact one of the two who wrote the song, Paul Berry, was I think one half of The Questions, who were label mates of Tracie in the UK on Respond Records, which was ran by The Modfather himself, Paul Weller. Weller wrote the B-Side to the single.

Still a nice tune, though.
Nice to know! I looked up Paul Weller, and in the context of his songwriting, the lyrics seem more suited to him than to Tracie, although having a female vocal probably makes more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
Actually I have to say that I like your journal. I know you have said that you want me to hear some African music. My advice just take time. Maybe it can start with people like Youssou N'Dour and a band like Zaiko Langa Langa. These two artists I like. I know you would enjoy them.
Glad you like it, and thanks for the recommendations. I think I'll have to ease into African music slowly, but I'm definitely open. It's kind of like most people with jazz- it can be difficult to know where to start. For me, it's all about finding a niche, and growing my knowledge from there. Zaiko Langa Langa is really catchy and jazzy- kind of reminds me of boogaloo and cuban music. I'll see if it grows on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
Awesome! Glad you liked the bands, and will be looking forward to reading whatever it is I have inspired!

On that note, check out All Sons & Daughters, you'd probably like them too. They're a folk duo (I think... I may be wrong). Very, very good.
Will do! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
With your interest in Christian music, Geekoid, I wondered if you might be interested in this guy? You'll have a ton of trouble finding his music, but you can get it from his own website david castle.net : Official Web Site of the Award-Winning Singer/Songwriter/Composer or I can set you up. Guy's name is David Castle, and these tracks are from his last album, "Voice in the wind". Not overly religious but definitely a spiritual theme to most of the songs; I emailed him about ten years ago and he seemed very religious in a "may God watch over you" sort of way, very nice guy. Definitely deserves to be more successful and famous than he is.
I don't have much music like David Castle's, but it's really nice. He would pair nicely with Michelle Tumes, a lovely Australian Christian artist who does more peaceful and orchestral music. They share a similar temperament, I think. Thanks as always .
Geekoid is offline   Reply With Quote