Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for honest opinions on my band's potential.
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
AJT014
Groupie

Default Looking for honest opinions on my band's potential.

Hey guys. I am a 17 year old in a high school band. I'm going to risk sounding like a douche in saying that we are actually very good. I know we write good catchy songs and I love playing with these guys. We just recorded a demo album. Upon doing this we began to discuss "we would all split up for college so would you guys be willing to put the whole college thing off if things were looking good for us." Now don't get me wrong, we are good and I LOVE making music, but I have a plan to attend U of O and just the thought of putting off college is a bit nerve-racking. Anywho, here is one song off of our 9 song demo. It's not my favorite, nor do I think it's the best (probably the third best in my opinion). Anywho, I'm asking you to listen to the song in it's entirety and tell me if you believe this sound is marketable and if so how marketable. Do we have record deal potential and money making potential to the point where putting off college is actually a thought. Please be honest, I can take it for I am on the fence about this leaning towards just saying forget about it. But who could pass up the thought of touring the country with your friends for even a little money.... Another thought is that our songs keep getting better and this isn't a very polished version. I appreciate everyone's help in this! Well, I am not allowed to post the link to the song so if you please would, look up Stereo Ecstasy on Facebook and it will be the link on our most recent post. I know this is going out of your way but I need this advice...Thanks!
Thanks and please let me know.
Andrew