Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for honest opinions on my band's potential.
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT014 View Post
Upon doing this we began to discuss "we would all split up for college so would you guys be willing to put the whole college thing off if things were looking good for us." Now don't get me wrong, we are good and I LOVE making music, but I have a plan to attend U of O and just the thought of putting off college is a bit nerve-racking.
There are 2 major reasons why you should not do this.

1 - You ever work in a call center? It'll be the best kind of job you can get if you skip college. Consider how much legwork you had to put in just to get lined up for college this time around. Now consider doing it again while working a job without the extra help from a guidance counselor or other HS resource.

2 - College is awesome. Seriously. Yes it will suck for your band but you can still get together and play during summer break. On the other hand you'll have a chance to make LOTS of new contacts while in college and opportunities to play with a lot more people. You'll also have the benefit of being 'that guy' who's actually already been in a studio and made a proper recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,