Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog Rock Album Club
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #106 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
All right then, we'll give it one more go.
Here's the one I've selected, great prog rock album from the early eighties, a band who are no longer together and whose pinnacle I believe was reached through this album.

Fact and fiction ---- Twelfth Night --- 1982
Here's the Wiki article for background
Fact and Fiction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's an album that's pretty much bookended by two epics, the opener "We are sane", which runs for 10:27, and the not-quite-closer "Creepshow", which hits almost the twelve minute mark, coming in at 11:57. There are other good tracks too --- in fact, I wouldn't really rate any of the tracks as bad --- but these two I believe portray the best this album has to offer.

Interested to hear what you think. Let's give it two weeks, to allow everyone time to hear the album and formulate a view on it, and we'll all meet back here to discuss it.

Anyone who can't get the album and needs a link, PM me.

Oh, and I also reviewed it in my journal, if you want some more inspiration...

Last chance saloon? Saddle up, prog pardners!
I'll listen to it in the next few days. I understand that giving people 2 weeks is good, but it also drags things out too much and the thread can lose focus, but I'll leave it to you as you're the boss here.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote