Music Banter - View Single Post - 10 Reasons Why The Rolling Stones Were Better Than The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #526 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I like the Beatles AND The Stones, but The Who outranks them both in my book. Mostly because I heard their music first.
I went through a Who phase but I really don't care for them much anymore. I guess it started after watching a Pete Townshend interveiw. Anyway if I had to sum up those bands in a word or phrase:

The Beatles = Infatuation
The Who = Megalomania
The Rolling Stones = The bee's knees, the cat's pajamas, the greatest thing since sliced bread, the coolest band in Rock and Roll history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffley View Post
I WISH I COULD FIND THE POST OF THAT IDIOT WHO SAID THAT THE BEATLES WERE THE WORST BAND THAT EVER BECAME FAMOUS !
I do too, I want to shake his hand and congratulate him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N' Roll Clown View Post
Yes, exactly, there's the difference between Stones' and Beatles' defenders. Beatles's defenders protect their band furiously like Bluffley, and we, Stones' defenders don't give much ****.
My friend who a was a record store owner was telling me the difference between a Beatle fans and a Stones fans. One of the thing he said was that he never came across a used Stones record that was in good condition, they (LPs) were always worn out and scatched up. He said either the Stones fans didn't know how to take care of their records or played the **** out of them. He also said he saw many Beatles LPs and it wasn't unusal that they were in mint or near mint condish.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote