Music Banter - View Single Post - good jazz???
Thread: good jazz???
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
jimmyjkar
Groupie

yeah you really cant go wrong with eric dolphy...
or monk. charlie rouse with monk especially. they were into each other so well they started to become each other's moods. or something... i dunno.. thats the cool thing about jazz is that its a great excercise for imagination... the best jazz imo is the jazz that stimulates your own playing. sonny rollins would do that a lot, and charlie parker too even though i could hardly touch anything he played. recently though the jazz ive been getting into is what jazz has turned into today, whether its jam sessions on the street with kenny g saxophonists or bitches brew miles davis samples in hip hop records... on that note i wanna talk about post bitches brew miles davis. theres alot of talk about how miles went bad after his second quintet with tony and herbie and ron. but although he started making bad music more FREQUENTLY, the good music he made in that era was IMO THE GREATEST THINGS IVE EVER HEARD. im talking about like... sivad on live evil, his triumphant trills on that jack johnson solo, the organ playing on that same song, who-ever-was-playing-that-sax-solo on "in a silent way - its about that time (i think its track 6), keith jarrett and chick playing with each other while they both sap influence from miles' immense swagger... john macghlaflin's perfectly chosen feelings that unfold and walk like a spider into your mind.... man jazz is some deep ****. i love jazz. maybe thats just because i took abunch of vivance. honestly i shouldnt do drugs as a jazz musician... drugs will eventually qw`1e45rtyqwerty678
jimmyjkar is offline   Reply With Quote