Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #1736 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Got my hair cut from the Barber that cut Elvis' hair when he was in the service. When my term of 3 years was up, I couldn't listen to ANY Elvis after being on the same post as he was.

From Wiki:
Quote:
After being drafted in 1958 Elvis Presley joined 3rd Armored Division who were stationed at Ray Barracks. He choose to not receive any special treatment and was respected for not joining Special Services, which would have allowed him to avoid certain duties and maintain his public profile. He did not live on base at Ray Barracks, but was able to live in the nearby resort city of Bad Nauheim. Presley's battalion, redesignated the 4th Battalion, 67th Armor,"Bandits," would be later commanded back-to-back by West Point classmates and future Army Generals Albert Bryant, Jr. and Martin Dempsey (the current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff), who maintained their office above the "Elvis Aaron Presley Mess Hall," partially funded by Presley. Notably, former U.S. Secretary of State and retired General Colin Powell began his Army career as a Second Lieutenant in 1958 at Ray Barracks in the 3rd Armored Division.
Ugh.

These days, I can appreciate his talent, but still kind of cringe.