Music Banter - View Single Post - Moderators who can't recognize spam
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #105 (permalink)
sopsych
Music Addict

This is getting interesting.

My concern wasn't just based on me being insulted in my thread and feeling hassled across the forum for it - although I think there shouldn't be much tolerance of that.

I do not endorse public moderation of individuals except for blatant violations (like calling someone a dirty word). I think deletions and private warnings would work better in most cases, plus sometimes telling people to, for example, "Please play nice, or this thread will be closed." (I think "play nice" or something similar should be an explicit guideline for behavior here, as the forum appears to exist for fun discussion of music.)

I would like for sometimes closure notices to be posted, such as "Thread closed at original poster's request" or "Thread closed because it's circular and argumentative."

Many people dislike reporting others or aren't even aware of how to report posts. With that, I suggest that moderators be assigned in sub-forums (probably based on the genres they like) to follow fast-moving threads to make sure nothing bad is happening. Again, if that feels like a burden, add moderators, please? Maybe "hall monitors" as opposed to full-fledged moderators.