Music Banter - View Single Post - Moderators who can't recognize spam
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #119 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Well, feel free to disagree. I've been an active member on a couple of boards with that style of moderation and I was impressed, both with how they were moderated and with the friendliness in tone on both those boards. I also liked it because it shows clearly that the rules actually mean something and are taken seriously. It means I can expect the "law" to be upheld. I like that. Plus moderators might get some cred for the work which nowadays mostly goes unnoticed.

Vanilla, you write "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". MB might not be broken, but I think it's got a few dents here and there and could use a little polish. There's always stuff that could be better. I think the "if it ain't broke" way of thinking may pacify you to the possibilities that will let you develop, improve and move forward.

Well this isn't those forums, it's Music Banter. What we do works fine here. None of the mods agree with this method you are speaking about so maybe it's not worth going on about?

I think the only dents are the spammers and their links. And we currently manage that fine. What I'm saying tore, is there is nothing wrong with the way we deal with people who insult each other and I don't see how public humiliation will improve the situation.

And fyi, I couldn't give a rats ass about recognition for my work, that's not why I'm doing it. It's like making music just so you can make money.