Music Banter - View Single Post - So I'm working on an essay... on MusicBanter. I could use your help!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
FETCHER.
Nae wains, Great Danes.

1. What is your favorite genre of music?

Electronica, but I would say I still listen to a wide variety off some stuff.

2. Who are your favorite artists (at least at the moment).

Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike have smashed house recently. Daft Punk is my all time favourite though.

3. How important is music in your life? How often do you listen to it?

I would say music is quite important in my life as I can use it to control my moods. I also exercise 4 times a week and I think the right music is essential for working out.

4. Why are you a member of Music Banter?

I used to post on a local forum for music and I lost my Internet for a year or so, when I got the Internet back the forum was down. So I simply typed in music forum because I wanted somewhere to discover new music, new people and build the same sort of friendships I had before.

5. What does this community mean to you?

I don't really know to be honest. I value the people here and my friends so much but I find I care about the website in itself, less and less. Nothing much goes on anymore, there's no drama or anything else that made the forum exciting. It's too serious and boring. Not to mention the amount of members who don't post in the electronica forums.

6. Does your opinion of someone get better if you find that they enjoy the same music that you do?

Not really, I am surprised when someone likes the same stuff as me, but it doesn't make me like them. I base that decision on personality alone.

7. Do you find yourself drawn to music that is less well known? Why or why not?

Not really, I mean I get pissed if I hear a song I like on the radio because it means I have to suffer it instead of enjoying it. The radio plays the same songs too often.

8. Do you enjoy searching for new music/music you have never heard before? Is the act of searching for music as enjoyable as the music itself?

I don't search so much for albums or artists. Electronica varies so much that I could only like 2 songs from one artist but that is the beauty of it. I find most of my songs through podcasts, live sets, sound cloud and YouTube. Which does me alright.

9. Do your friends outside this community listen to similar music that you do?

Yes, my best friend however is very closed minded and will only listen to trance/house. He doesn't even explore electronica. In my circle of friends were probably all into something different from one another but we willingly listen to each others music.

10. Would you consider yourself a music snob, an elitist, or even, dare I say, a hipster?

Definitely not, I can listen to the radio without having suicidal tendencies.

11. What does music mean to you?

Emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote