Music Banter - View Single Post - What is the future of human evolution?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #68 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
There is far more scientific credibility in mathematical probability than there is in speculation based on imagination... If one is given an argument whereupon one side presents no proof, but does present a mathematical likelihood to support the theory, versus an argument that presents no proof, but does present a fun idea to support the theory... I don't think it's very difficult to decide (for most reasonable people) which idea to prefer over the other, even if neither of them offers any actual proof.

I guess there would be, technically speaking, a mathematical probability for anything. But I'd say the probability for any form of life existing on another planet is undeniably higher than the probability of underground pig societies (in the conventional sense that such a label conveys).
which was my point to begin with when my post was compared to a society of underground pigs. Just because two thing aren't scientifically proven doesn't mean they're equally illogical, which was close my exact words a few posts ago.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote