Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Jazz Double Albums?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

To judge from the Thelonious Monk compilation that I have, I imagine that your live double recommendation is an excellent listen, Psy-Fi. As for Satchmo`s Bitches Brew, this is an album that I`ve tried to get into, but I have never been able to play more than one side before looking for something less, I don`t know, cerebral perhaps? As I was about 19 when I last tried Bitches Brew, maybe I should give it another go...

Anyway, many thanks,SoundgardenRocks, because you`ve given me the perfect excuse to advertise
this old thread of mine :-
http://www.musicbanter.com/jazz-blue...-masekela.html

Home is Where The Music Is fits my jazz tastes perfectly; just a five-piece combo who put together a little touch of funky, a little bit of smooth, and a little intellectual musicianship too. This is such a well-blended performance that it is the only jazz double that I can happily play from start to finish in one sitting, and then have an urge to start right back at the beginning again.

To date, my thread has elicited zero response, so I`m hereby challenging anyone : do you dare break ranks with the MB jazz orthodoxy, and at least acknowledge that Hugh Masekela exists ?