Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #18260 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

I have had almost no time at all for music, sadly, but here's a small update on what my habits have included.

Cafe Tacvba - Sino: Mexican alternative rock/psychedelic pop album. Selected because I have to listen to music in the Spanish language each week as part of my Spanish course. I was surprised to enjoy this quite a bit.

Muse - The 2nd Law: I downloaded this purely for the sake of laughter, and was not disappointed in that respect. This album is what happens when you don't have anyone in your life to say "no" to you.

Of Montreal - Daughter of Cloud: Rarities/unreleased compilation. Some absolutely brilliant stuff on here, interspersed with some okay material. Its primary downfall is that it has 0 flow whatsoever and feels really patchy as a result. It's clear as day which album era each track came out of, and for that it's hard to get into as a whole. Hindlopp Stat though, is a badass ****ing song.

Grizzly Bear - Shields: Solid enough stuff. While I think it's catchier than Yellow House, I also find it less memorable. Some great moments, but I'm dubious as to its lasting value. Plays well in a session with Slave Ambient.

East India Youth - TOTAL STRIFE FOREVER: I think this is going to make my number two spot this year. This is a brilliant combination of ambient/ambient pop/IDM, and if anyone is intrigued, why yes, I do have a legal link to share it with.
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote