Music Banter - View Single Post - U.S. Election Day — Obama vs. Romney
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #170 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Anyone have any thoughts on the debate? Watched it just now and thought that Ryan kept repeating a mantra that conveniently sidestepped any questions, but Biden seemed a little lost at times, stumbling over words and getting a little lost, which I fear may show him as coming out less strongly in the debate as a whole.

In general though, I don't think it did much to change anyone's opinion. Ryan had nothing new to say, and anyone who is going to vote for Romney will, but anyone whose mind was not made up is, I think, unlikely to have been swayed by Ryan's non-arguments. Similarly for Biden, I think the idea "let us finish the job" has been well-touted by the Obama camp now, and you either believe it or you don't.

One small point: I think Biden made something of a gaffe by not thanking Ryan in the closing statement, and when Ryan DID thank Biden, I believe he scored a point, especially with his "It's been an honour to debate with you Joe" remark.

Overall though I don't see this as having the power to change or make up any voters' minds.

Anyone agree? Think differently? What do I know: I'm just an Irish gob****e. It's you that are going to eventually make the decision to either change or re-elect the administration...