Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #6995 (permalink)
almauro
Way Out There

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I love Machine Head so, so much. I bought it on a whim when I was in high school, and I liked it, but didn't really get it. It was just some album I'd throw on if I wanted to hear "Smoke on the Water" or "Highway Star". Nowadays, it's just one of my favorite albums. Not a single bad, or even just okay song on the album, just pure goodness.

So many great songs on that one. "Lazy" what an awesome jam...funny lyrics too, "Lazy...Just Stay In Bed, You Don't Want No Money, You Don't Want No Bread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post

This is the first time I have ever heard them so I thought I would start at the beginning. It's a man with no name album I.E the good, the bad and the ugly. Love the raw production and there are some really great riffs, it is however a little Sabbath like and I can hear a little Grunge on it here and there which many will probably be scratching their heads at but listening to an album 17 years on from it's release for the first time at least gives a fresh opinion. I will give their other albums a listen though as there is enough to keep me interested.
This is by far their best one. "Pillars of Eternity", it's a stoner headbanging classic.

Great noise-core. I really like the repetitiveness.