Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog Rock Album Club
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #117 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
Thank you Unknown Soldier for your positive comments. A review can take me about a week to write. I take notes in a little book I carry around with me, as I listen to an album on my mp3 player. Drafting only takes about a day, but I have to leave it and think about it, before I return to produce the final copy. Some weeks I don't write one and, on other occasions, I can write a review over a weekend. The funny thing is, the more familiar I am with an album, the harder they can be to write. I also write band biographies, so they could probably go into a journal.

= = = =

I've just checked the journal rules and you need a post count of 100+. I am not a prolific poster, so it could take a while.
Now I feel better, it just takes me about an hour and a half to do an album review in my journal. I write the overview in about 20 mins and then do the rest whilst listening to the album again. Then in the final part I do some editing which takes a bit of time, but I cram it all into around 90 mins. BTW it makes perfect sense to make notes, ideas and ocurrences can come at anytime.

With your knowledge of prog, you could do a prog inspired journal and no need to worry about post count, you're nearly at 100 posts, so in between your good posts, just write some quick silly posts like most do on here and you'll be upto 100 in no time.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 10-14-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote