Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal & Rock Music Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #1236 (permalink)
Wuzzly
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padjo1986 View Post
opeth are epic i like their songs porclian heart and dirge for november.
tbh they are the only two songs i really know but i'd like to see opeth live some stage
If you like Opeth you might like Edge of Sanity and Klone. I can't really name a whole lot of progressive death metal bands that play a similar style to Opeth so you might want to try getting into progressive thrash and progressive death metal. Here's a few albums to start you off:

Coroner - Mental Vortex & Grin. It's the most progressive work they have to offer and I think you would enjoy that more than their earlier, more technical work.

Atheist - Elements. Their most progressive album. Like I said about Coroner, it's likely more accessible to you than their earlier technical work.

Cynic - Focus. It's a shame that after this great debut they strayed away from the metal style. Nevertheless, it's a great progressive metal album. Quite an eclectic release, too.

Exivious - Self-titled. Former members of Cynic and Textures got together and made an album. Basically more of Cynic's Focus, just with less synths and the technicality upped 500%

Vektor - Black Future. Some really killer technical/progressive thrash. If you like this, then you might want to try Outer Isolation.
Wuzzly is offline   Reply With Quote