Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog Rock Album Club
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #124 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

US, nice review too! I have to admit, I never really heard the new romantic influences on the album. I'll have to give it yet another listen with that in mind. When I got this I was well into my "neo-prog" discovery period, with albums by Marillion, Pallas and Quasar (another great album, almost impossible to find but I have it on vinyl, if I ever get around to setting up my USB turntable which was bought for me last Christmas and is STILL sealed in its box!), though I only found Pendragon a few years ago. I just like all the different aspects of it, but I really do love the creepy, echoing rolling drums in the sort of end-section of "Creepshow", where Mann is describing things like the mirror. Sure made me shiver!

I know TN have had other albums without him (he went on to become some sort of Christian singer before he sadly died) but I haven't heard them. Jackhammer (whose opinion I always trust) says "XII" is very good, so perhaps check that out if you want to.

On a sidenote, even though it's so far only three of us, I'm glad we've managed to resurrect and bring this thread back from the brink. There may be other reviews or comments to come, but I'd think it's only fair, as he was the first to respond, to hand over choice of the next album to Big Ears.

Oh, and one point for him: I always write my reviews in OpenOffice and then copy and paste into the post, that way if something goes wrong I always have a copy to refer back to. You just can't trust these darn browsers! But US is right: any mod will send you back a copy if you need it, though I'm sure we'll see your name up in lights shortly. I'll be watching for it.

Congratulations, guys! I think the patient is going to pull through! It was touch and go for a moment there, but we may very well be out of the woods now...