Music Banter - View Single Post - Support War? Support Bush?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 05:12 AM   #131 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
And to my opinion on the thing, I believe that Kanye West knows little to nothing about politics. I bet he didn't vote in the last election. Sure he had guts to come up and say something like that knowing some of the **** he could get for it, but it was also gutless hurting the company he was brought in for.
Well it doesn't sound like he cares too much for the national media anyway, so I'm not sure how gutless it is to hurt a large establishment which you dislike, especially if you are contributing a large amount of money to the cause which it was supporting.

'West: I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, "They're looting." You see a white family, it says, "They're looking for food." '

They did that with their coverage of the disaster on the UK TV too. I've never heard the word 'looting' used so much before, like they literally do save it up for black people (and Iraqis), while white people truly are described as are 'searching for supplies'. Supplies which don't belong to them - the little thieves!!

Whatever lack of political know-how he may have (comparably to the president maybe) his comments were actually incisive, however shocking the context was.