Music Banter - View Single Post - Glad To Introduce Myself
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreymusic View Post
"Right In Two" is an excellent song, I'm also into Binaural Beats and Meditation music, create, listen, and love it.
The idea behind binaural beats is very interesting!

I've known about and heard acoustic beats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_(acoustics)) that one experiences when two instruments are slightly out of tune and the sound frequencies interfere, but I'd never heard of "binaural beats" before:

"Binaural beats are heard when the right ear listens to a slightly different tone than the left ear. Here, the tones do not interfere physically, but are summed by the brain in the olivary nucleus. This effect is related to the brain's ability to locate sounds in three dimensions." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_(acoustics)

Intentionally using binaural beats as part of a song is a very creative idea and apparently an old one, since it sounds like ancient chants sometimes used them, perhaps? My brief reading about "binaural beats" on Wikipedia tells me that a whole mythology of binaural beats has arisen in which people claim the beats have different effects on the brain and physiology, such as promoting healing, relationships, etc.

I listened to this YouTube video below to experience binaural beats. When I put on my earphones and then pull one away so that I'm listening only through one ear, I can tell that the note coming through one earbud is constant and slightly flatter than the note coming through the other. Yet when I listen to both notes simultaneously, I *do* hear the beats that my brain creates even though they don't exist in the sensory input. Cool!

I learned something tonight. Thank you, Osprey.

Example of Binaural Beats

Delta Binaural Beat (0.9hz) ~ Pure (Euphoric) - YouTube!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote