Music Banter - View Single Post - Support War? Support Bush?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 06:09 AM   #132 (permalink)
K-Gi
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Media control? He was there for a fundraiser in raising money for the victims of Katrina. Going off script on the fundraiser to say "Bush doesn't care about Black people" isn't going to really bring in the funds now is it? You say that's media control? Bringing people in to read a script and they go off topic so you pull their ass of the air?

And to my opinion on the thing, I believe that Kanye West knows little to nothing about politics. I bet he didn't vote in the last election. Sure he had guts to come up and say something like that knowing some of the **** he could get for it, but it was also gutless hurting the company he was brought in for.

But all in all, that look on Myer's face is classic.
I'll bet you, if he would have gone off script and said that Bush is great and does everything possible there can be done we would never have heard about that he went off script.
When TV stations ask people on the street for their opinion on anything - for me it would be interesting to know how many people they asked, who said what and which interviews were broadcasted in the end. If done this way - then you and me would have really an idea what these people said.

As for Kayne West - don't know the man, so I can not have an opinion on what he knows or what he doesn't - neither if he voted or not.

As for bringing in funds when saying one's opinion or not - for me this does not matter. If I realize that we (all human beings) are all connected - then I do not need a Kayne West or anyone else to convince me to give what I can, in order to help my brother and sister.

So yes - I call it control, if I can not say what I want to say.
What happened to freedom of speech?

http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/k-gi/CD/cd.html
http://www.worldphonic.com/artistpage.aspx?ai=183