Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #62 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Also Check This Out........
This is an extra album from the same year that I've chosen, that either just missed the final cut, I think could be of interest, or even from a different genre that could be of interest or influence on the hard rock/heavy metal genre.

Flower Travellin' Band Anywhere 1970 (Polydor)
Hard Rock

The Flower Travellin' Band despite the psychedelic/folky name were a Japanese hard rock band that sounded like a weird mixture of Led Zeppelin meets King Crimson on some of their material. That's all I'm going to say about them at the moment, as their second album and their crowning achievement Sartori features on my 1971 list which will be shortly coming up and that would seem to be the ideal time to really talk about them. So let's just speak briefly about this their debut album. First off it has a great cover, which shows the band members in their birthday suits and in true 'Easy Rider' style. The album itself, is a great covers album approaching the quality of Vanilla Fudge's debut album which came out a few years earlier. There are some great choices on here from contemporary covers of King Crimson's "21st Century Schizoid Man" and Black Sabbath's "Black Sabbath" and cover versions of older songs "Louisiana Blues" by Muddy Waters and "House of the Rising Sun" by the Animals. The Black Sabbath cover is ok but it's the King Crimson cover that is the outstanding one on the album.

If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 10-16-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote