Music Banter - View Single Post - Let The Domestic Goddess Help You!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
[...]If they are not neutered and an indoor cat they could be marking their territory/horny or have a bladder infection (fairly common in cats) so make sure you check out their behaviour closely and hope that they are just in a horny phase which will pass.

Never EVER rub their faces in their mess like you can with a dog to command respect because cats are like modern day celebrities, the more you rub their nose in their apparent failings the more they will defy you and leave an obnoxious present for you the next day (cat's leave more pee, celebrities leave even more ****).
Nice thread idea, Domestic God.

And I agree absolutely about never rubbing a cat's face in her urine. One of my sad memories is that when I was a child, my cat starting peeing in corners of the basement and my mom rubbed the cat's face in the urine. I can remember my poor cat trying to pull her face away and my mom holding her around the neck and body, forcing the cat's nose down into the urine. My mom thought she was doing the right thing to "train" the cat, but it obviously wasn't.

In retrospect, I think my cat may have had a urinary track problem and/or I wasn't cleaning her kitty litter box enough when I was a child and it was my responsibility to do so. Poor little cat. I failed to protect her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Well, to anyone who cares, my cat died last night. I just buried him in the front yard a couple hours ago and my mom planted an Azalea bush on top.
I'm sorry your cat died last night, Batlord. It sounds very sudden. I hope he didn't suffer. I still miss my cat years later. Her name was Sunshine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
I have Bounce dryer sheets placed all over our apartment -- inside pillow casings, in drawers, in between couch seat cushions, on shelves. I also have a liking for liquid fabric softener and use it to excess in the wash. Our house smells like a strange combination of fabric softener and Shanthimalai Nag Champa incense (which I burn in an incense holder encased in large ceramic bowl, on top of the refrigerator!).

+
Nag Champa incense smells wonderful, Liz! I never burn it, but I have some stored in a closet where I keep financial files.

I've found out that this is a good way to make bill paying more pleasant. Whenever I have to pay a bill, I think, "Groan!"...but when I open up the closet, I think..."Ahhh!" I've actually started to look forward to paying bills (just a little) because it is an excuse to open up the closet and let that marvelous "Nag Champa" scent and the associated nice memories of the giver wash over me. He called it "Good stuff" and it really is.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote