Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica - Death Magnetic
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #32 (permalink)
Rock N' Roll Clown
Music Addict

Can you tell me which is that bad about The Black album?! That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. I hate it when people hate something due to their preconceptions. Metallica were sellouts, they changed their style, and such bull****. Of course they'll change, and they won't be like Slayer and Iron Maiden who are ''loyal to their fans'' and play the exact same thing for more than 30 years. Stop being limited and stop bitching about it. Of course AJFA and Master are their best, but that doesn't mean that the others are such crap at all. That man said it best:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
They went downhill long before Death Magnetic. Load, Reload and St. Anger were progressively worse albums than what went before and the band's dignity disappeared with each of them. When St. Anger was released the backlash was immense, people thought it was the worst thing they had ever heard. Death Magnetic was a vast improvement in comparison, but as was said, is still a jumble of mediocrity compared to their 80's output and seems nothing more than a shallow throwback.