Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #1561 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Don't tell me the end don't tell me the end!!! (covering ears)
Yeah, I watched the first two episodes then noticed that the last one had not been recorded! Thought I'd missed it but now I see it was just delayed, probably due to what you said above. Now I have the last two to watch.

To be honest, I thought it was ok but in terms of being something different I kind of didn't really see it. It got a little predictable near the end of the second ep and I kind of thought so what? Maybe it gets better in the second half, I'll be watching it soon and will let you know.

I did think the casting was a little off: I thought Rob Jarvis was playing both the parts of the CID guy and the scumbag criminal: don't you think they look a bit similar? So I couldn't believe it when he turned up as the CID officer and thought "that's a twist". But it wasn't, just coincidence.

Meh. So far. If you want to see a really good cop drama I'd recommend the first two Rebus stories, "Messiah" and "Messiah II" (there were two more but it got a bit silly after those) and also "Red Riding", seriously one of the most disturbing dramas I've ever watched.
Perhaps I had a lower expectations of crime dramas going in, after having seen some truly terrible series's.

I did enjoy Good Cop though, the lead role was played well and the story was layered and consistent in turning Rocksavage from another 'good cop' into a desperate and erratic criminal, like the ones he sees every day on the job.

Robert Jarvis does look a little like Stephen Graham maybe 10 years ago or so.
I wish they'd kept Graham's character alive longer, he's one of the most believable scummy bad guy actors out there. He's sometimes miscast, but in that role he's one of the best.

I've heard of Rebus, will get round to watching them. I'm quite into crime fiction also if you have any novels you would recommend.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote