Music Banter - View Single Post - Sleater-Kinney
Thread: Sleater-Kinney
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
Chives
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Danny Boy View Post
'Call the Doctor' was the first Sleater-Kinney album i heard which might have made it extra special for me. I am more of a punk loving guy so that record will hold a more special place for me over their more indie sounding later albums.

I've yet to hear their latest material and to be honest i'm still fairly new to the Sleater Kinney party, i only just 'discovered' them early this year when i came across their Call the Doctor LP in a record shop. Picked it up on the whim as I heard good things about Sleater Kinney despite not listening to them much previously plus i've always been partial to the all girl alternative bands of the 80's/90's, it was more than worth it, i've played that LP countless times and its quickly become one of my favourite albums ever.
Actually, Call the Doctor was the first Sleater-Kinney album I heard as well! But it didn't impress me on that first listen and later in the same day I listened to the Woods and that's what got me interested in more. I'm partial to the girl alternative bands quite a bit too, but S-K is by far my favorite.