Music Banter - View Single Post - Future of music
Thread: Future of music
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Pursuingchange
Music Addict

Default Future of music

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

I just want to know what everyone thinks will be the future of popular music. I have lots of abstract ideas as to what could happen. I play hard rock music (guitar) and have been thinking lately that the electric guitar (as revolutionary as it was it its day of creation) is kind of used up and is not as exciting and intriguing as it used to be. It also seems like music has stagnated, and not intentionally. I think its because We have basically reached an end to possibilities. Seems like everything has already been done (or at least everything that is worth doing) and there's not much more room for growth. I think the electric guitar has kind of reached its creative end. Given just how vast and overwhelming the spectrum of ways the guitar is being played today, I just don't see how there is much left to do with the instrument. And it kind of seems that way with most all other genres. I believe that there either needs to be a new instrument come along and change the way we listen to music (much in the same way the electric guitar did), or another form of artistic entertainment needs to replace music.

Just to set the record early on, I'm NOT what I would call an expert. I only know what I know, but I AM a musician and a pretty creative thinker. I could be totally misled and wrong with my perceptions of music, which is what I'm looking to change here. So tell me what you think.

Thanks!

Last edited by Pursuingchange; 10-17-2012 at 01:51 AM.