Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #1234 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
I don't know why I'm even responding to someone acting like personal attacks equate to valid points, but you've annoyed me, so what the hell.

"Game Manager", in my mind, is a term used for a QB who will never throw 30TDs, crack 4,000YDS, or be at the helm of a team that averages 25+ PTS/G.

I don't know if you like to keep track of overarching trends, but teams have been scoring more and more lately, specifically via throwing the ball. When you don't have an elite QB, you are at a distinct disadvantage (ELITES right now [not in order]: Manning, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger) (Maybe good enoughs: Ryan, Flacco, Schaub, RG3, Dalton, Luck, Vick, Romo, Rivers and Stafford). If you don't have a QB on those two lists, you are most likely out of luck to be a serious Super Bowl contender.

PS: you haven't called me on anything.
We crown our QBs elite whenever they win a SB. Usually great teams have great QB, but if Ryan has a monster year and wins the SB, he'll be bumped to elite status overnight. I agree the 49ers are at a disadvantage with Smith, but it hasn't held them back to this point.

Btw, if you're that thin-skinned, then maybe you shouldn't be dishing out that condescending, passive-aggressive bs. Toughen up, champ.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote