Music Banter - View Single Post - the official **** the vikings thread
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #123 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AP Sparky View Post
He only had 17 attempts. 55 yards passing(4 in the second half) is bewildering. He used to get the ball out timely, he's just holding it now. I still think he could have had a better game given more attempts but AP was moving the chains on his own.

Harrison Smith is the real deal though.

It was cool seeing AP lined up as a WR. And even if he isn't doing anything, it's reassuring to see Stephen Burton and Carlson are at least getting snaps now.

I wonder how we will match up against Tampa Bay. We usually struggle with atheltic qb's
Freeman is athletic but he isn't the same danger to run the ball as an RG3, Vick or even Luck and Rodgers are. He's been pretty Jekyll and Hyde this year so hopefully we get the bad version of him.

I dunno, I think we should win this one. The Bucs are weak against the pass, and, although they're strong against the run, we have AP. We just have to keep Jackson and Martin in check. Should be a good game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
Wow, Stephens-Howling ran all over the defense today, and Ponder looked like absolute crap.

Oh well, the defense was actually solid overall, AP looked stellar, and the Vikings get a win.

Does anyone here think they can or will finish above .500? I really can't wait to see how we play against Green Bay and Chicago, just to see if we're in over our heads. I at the very least walk away from this season with optimism, but beating the Packers and Bears is so much better.
Week 8 - vs. Buccaneers (should win)
Week 9 - at Seahawks (slight underdog)
Week 10 - vs. Lions (should win)
Week 11 - Bye
Week 12 - at Bears (underdog)
Week 13 - at Packers (big underdog)
Week 14 - vs. Bears (slight underdog)
Week 15 - at Rams (should win)
Week 16 - at Texans (big underdog)
Week 17 - vs. Packers (slight underdog)

I think it'll be close, but would lean towards us doing it. 3 games we should win (although none are slam-dunks), 3 games we'll have a shot, and 3 games that'll be really tough to get a W in. We could get lucky with the Texans and Packers at the end of the season though, depending on where they are in the standings.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote