Music Banter - View Single Post - Foodbox (Food & Recipes)
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #366 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

So I made a fucking amazing yellow chicken curry sauce last night. I ended up getting the curry paste from an Asian market and it comes in a little plastic bucket, you just scoop some out and put it into a pan. This was my first time ever making curry, but here's what I did.

First I put a little bit of butter and some vegetable oil into a pot and waited till that got hot enough, then did about 2 spoon scoops of the curry paste and moved that around a little bit till it was starting to break down and become a liquid. Then I added a little bit of coconut milk to give the paste something to break down into and continued to stir, slowly adding a little bit more in till I had about half a can left.

From there I cut up some chicken breast into thinner strips and added them into the mix, stirring and slowly adding in more coconut milk. While I let the chicken cook I chopped up a few carrots and added them into the mix and then brought it to a boil, then turned it all the way down to low and put on a lid for about 30 minutes. 20 minutes later I added some frozen spinach and then just served that over some rice.

The result was without hyperbole the greatest achievement mankind has ever produced.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote