Music Banter - View Single Post - Support War? Support Bush?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 08:48 PM   #137 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal
buck fush. like kanye west said, "bush doesn't like black people" and no i do not support the war.why will he try to help another country when his own country has problems. i'm not just talking about hurricane problems, i'm talking about gang violence, better school system, homeless, health plans, gas prices, and more
I have to agree with Alejo. I didn't think much of Kanye's remarks. People make passing comments like that all the time. A lot of people were frustrated with the federal response during that time. I think he was letting out emotion that really should've been taken with a grain of salt. Personally, I don't think any celebrity partisan rhetoric should even be publicly scrutizined like Kanye's, regardless of whether it was "crossing the line" or not.

Also, I think when we set global priorities, we'd place national and international security ahead of the domestic policies you outlined, which btw are problems experienced by most countries. We have many different departments in government that are specialized in each particular area. Making GWB the scapegoat of all those "problems" is just an easy, lazy thing to do.