Music Banter - View Single Post - Foodbox (Food & Recipes)
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #370 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

A friend of mine got me a book once that had a bunch of different recipes to cook top ramen, but it involved things like steak and I remember thinking at the time "if I could afford steak I wouldn't be eating fucking top ramen now would I?"

My general rule of thumb when it comes to ramen is if I'm going to add something to it, it can't take much longer to cook than if I was just going to make it as is. It's definitely a great way of getting rid of left overs though, especially if you have already cooked chicken, beef, or pork.

I made a pretty decent chicken bacon and penne served in an Alfredo sauce (from a bottle). It came out quite nicely and it was something I really whipped up in like 30 minutes, with only a quick trip to the store for some chicken breast, some garlic bread, and some wine.

Here's a good question though, illustrious chefs of MB, do you prefer chopping up your own garlic or using diced garlic from a jar? I'm leaning more towards the jar, sure it makes my farts really stinky, but it's a lot easier and saves time.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote