Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Captain Beefheart Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #176 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chives View Post
That was pretty great. The toe part was very strange, though. I also watched the Letterman interviews that were shown on the sidebar. Good stuff as well. I should spend more time looking into his live videos and interviews, because they are quite entertaining.

I put off on Grow Fins. I want to complete my vinyl core discography before I deal with that monster. And so I ordered a copy of Strictly Personal. A real shame they never reissued that sucker (besides a late 90s reissue that apparently sounded really bad and is hard to find anyway) and it's always been an awkward hole in my collection. Will have it soon enough. Then I'll just have to get Ice Cream For Crow, Unconditionally Guaranteed, and Blue Jeans and Moonbeams...all except the last I'm looking forward to owning.
You don't have Ice Cream For Crow!!!?!?!!?!?!? It's one of the Captain's greatest albums, I'd say that its his second best album behind TMR. If anything, just listen to Cardboard Cutout Sundown, it's one of my all time favourite songs:

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote