Music Banter - View Single Post - Prog-Rock
Thread: Prog-Rock
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 06:42 AM   #40 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
Only by deaf people
Well, you cant say they didnt have progressive elements, they had tons, weither they were inspired by other progressive rock bands is unclear, but they shared many elements associated with prog, such as classical influences, themes derived from opera and theater, unique vocal harmonys, complex instrumental exchanges, long epics and fusion of many different styles.

But there are things that set them apart from Prog as well, they are so unique that its not clear to anyone what genre they are, they are "Queen" basicly, but that dosent make them not prog, most prog bands are different from each other and share unique characteristics, Queen were prog when they wanted to be, like on The Prophets Song, The March Of The Black Queen, In The Laps Of The Gods Revisted, My Fairly King, Teo Torriate and Bohemian Rhapsody...And then they had pop songs like We Will Rock You, Another One Bites The Dust, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Radio Ga-Ga and I Want To Break Free which are about as far from prog as you could imagine, Queen were whatever the hell they wanted to be at the moment.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote